Before formal submission, potential contributors are invited to either enquire whether or not a particular article would be of interest to the Editorial Board, or to obtain advice about the way in which a manuscript should be prepared for submission.
- Title Operations Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Editor-in-Chief: email@example.com
- Technical assistance: If you require technical assistance in submitting your manuscript to the South African Journal of Industrial Psychology, you will find details of how to contact AOSIS OpenJournals support directly by clicking here.
The South African Journal of Industrial Psychology is an Open Access, peer reviewed journal publishing research that covers all aspects of industrial psychology sciences. The journal is edited by Gert Roodt with the assistance of an expert Editorial Board. Each article published by South African Journal of Industrial Psychology follows a specific format as detailed in the corresponding instructions for authors.
The instructions for authors include information about the criteria for publication, preparing a manuscript for submission to South African Journal of Industrial Psychology and the online submission process. Other relevant information about the journal's policies and refereeing process can be found under the 'Resources' section.
|Criteria for publication
In order to be accepted for publication in the South African Journal of Industrial Psychology, research must satisfy the following criteria:
- The study should present the results of primary scientific research.
- Results reported have not been published elsewhere.
- Experiments, statistics and other analyses are performed to a high technical standard and are described in sufficient detail so that another researcher is able to reproduce the experiments described.
- Conclusions are presented in an appropriate fashion and are supported by the data.
- The article is presented in an intelligible fashion and is written in clear and unambiguous Standard English.
- The research meets all applicable standards for the ethics of experimentation and research integrity.
- The article adheres to appropriate reporting guidelines and community standards for data availability.
|Types of articles accepted|
The South African Journal of Industrial Psychology publishes the following types of articles (click on the link to learn more about the format and structure requirements):
- Original articles: Articles should be of interest to readers from more than one discipline. They should be the original work of the authors named and be written in a manner which is intelligible to specialists in other fields and be of more than specialist interest. Authors should aim at an upper limit of 4500-6000 words and try to restrict themselves to no more than six display items (tables and figures). They do not generally have more than 60 references. Detailed article structures are available here:
Submission languages: English (UK) and Afrikaans.
The South African Journal of Industrial Psychology uses the APA referencing system (click on the link below to view the APA referencing guide):
Authors and referees are asked to declare any competing interests. Copyright rests with authors. For more information on the copyright of articles, see our publisher's copyright and license policy under the 'Editorial details' and 'Resources' sections.
|Online submission process
You will need an author account with the South African Journal of Industrial Psychology in order to submit a manuscript.
Here follows detailed instructions on how to submit an article online:
- After you have logged in and clicked on 'Author', click on the link under 'start a new submission' to go to step 1 of the five-step submission process.
- Enter data and answer questions as prompted.
- Click on the Next button on each screen to save your work and advance to the next screen.
- You are required to upload your files in two separate steps. Step 2: Upload single submission file - Click on the Browse button and locate the file on your computer. When you have selected the file you wish to upload, click the Upload button. Note: You have a limit of 15MB for a single file you upload. Review your submission (in a Word .doc) before sending it to the Editors. Step 4: Upload cover page and other multiple supplementary file(s).
- Click on the Browse button and locate the file on your computer.
- Select the designation of your supplementary files (.eps, .xls).
- When you have selected the file you wish to upload, click the Upload button. Note: You have a limit of 15MB for a single file you upload.
- Repeat steps 1-3 until all supplementary files have been uploaded. Note: You can only upload 1 supplementary file at a time.
- Review your submission online in Step 5 before sending it to the Editors.
- Click the Finish Submit button when you are done reviewing.
- Click here to view a video on how to submit an article online.
- Click here to view a video on how to proofread your article.
The submission process can be interrupted at any time; when users return to the site they can continue where they left off. After completing the submission, you will receive a submission confirmation via email. You can also login to the South African Journal of Industrial Psychology at any time to check the status of your manuscript.
|ISSN: 0258-5200 (print) | ISSN: 2071-0768 (online)||Follow us on:|
All articles published in this journal are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License.
©2013 AOSIS (Pty) Ltd. All Rights Reserved. No Unauthorised Duplication Allowed.
AOSIS OpenJournals | Perfecting Scholarship Online
Private Bag X22, Postnet Suite #55, Tygervalley, South Africa, 7536
Tel: 086 1000 381
Tel: +27 21 975 2602
Fax: 086 5004 974